Here are a few tips on how to have a successful first class:
Bikram's Beginning Yoga Class is for everyone, no matter what shape you think you are in, no matter how old you think you are. Remember that everyone starts somewhere so take a deep breath and take the first step towards transforming your mental, physical, emotional and spiritual body.
1) Most importantly be hydrated. This means drinking at least 2 to 3 litres of water during the 24 hours prior to your first class. By doing this you will have a much more productive class!
2) Bring 2 bath size towels, a bottle of water and a yoga mat. The ideal type of mat is water resistant and long enough your entire body fits on it lying down. We also have towels, water bottles and mats available to rent.
3) To wear, bring something light and fitted. For women: a fitted tank top or sports bra, fitted shorts. For men: fitted shorts. There are certain postures in which you and the teacher needs to see your knees and elbows. Therefore long sleeved shirts or long pants as well as Capri's or any baggy clothes are not to be worn in the yoga room for any reason.
4) Come to class on an empty stomach. Avoid eating anything 2 to 3 hours before class.
5) Bring an open heart and an open mind. Follow the instructions given to you. No excuses. Do the best you can and take a break on your mat if needed.
*Please arrive 15-20 minutes before class if it is your FIRST class at our studio. No pre-registration is required. All classes are first come, first served.